Tim of T & H Services in Seattle was contracted to fix a deck that had water damaged rotting wood, replace some bad wood on the steps, and straighten out a leaning fence post. Once finished, Tim overcharged me by $800 (the amount that was advanced) and wouldn't refund until 2 months later when I was about to take legal action. Also, only a few of the pieces of bad wood on the steps were replaced and the rest primed over to make it look like they were done. Concrete was poured on the base of the fence post without making sure that it was vertical first. The deck was fixed in such a way that there are huge gaps that cannot possibly keep water from entering. Tim told me numerous times that all this were merely a "mistake" and that he's "sorry". I have filed complaints with both the state Attorney General and Labor & Industries. Found out from L & I that he was legally registered with them for only 1 year and had 1 infraction against him for not having proper licensing. In his very last email to me, Tim wrote:

"I am going to refund you all of the labor, whether you like it or not. This will be documented, and act as proof that I have tried to make this right and admit that I screwed up the job. There will be payments in your mailbox ( I will actually mail them to you through the postal service, written out to you, and copies made) This will show that I had intention of making this right."

Even if I don't want the refund, he would insist that I accept to show his commitment to making things right and correcting all these "mistakes". Tim sounded very sincere and genuine. However, months later, there wasn't any follow through to this promise.

Had an Experience with T and H Services?

Comments